Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Monday, September 10, 2007

Falling into a Routine

So school has been in session for just under three weeks, but it seems to me that three months have gone by. Our schedules are jam packed and the kids aren't in any activities yet other than school.

I keep my calendar in Outlook. It is a very neat program because you can assign a color to each person and then keep it all on the same calendar. When you look at the month view you can see who has what going on just with a glance. It works really well for us. Anyway, my calendar is blocked solid for the next few weeks. Kevin is starting up scouts this week. Michaela has gone on a play date already and has a birthday party coming up. Not to mention all the swaps that I have to finish off and mail.

I need a vacation!

So my last post talked about the traffic around the school. Well, last week we tried walking in the morning. It worked out pretty well. It has been Africa hot (as my friend Julie says) for about a week, but it has cooled down considerably. So, walking in the morning is quite nice. It takes about 15 minutes to get there are a nice pace and 20 minutes at a leisurely pace. McKenna is in the umbrella stroller and Kyle walks like the big kids. Kyle does pretty good!

Michaela started with home work two weeks ago, but Kevin brought homework home for the first time just today. The school Open House was last Thursday night. Keith went to Kaela's class and I went to Kevin's. I was pleasantly surprised that Kevin has less homework here than he did at his other school. Kevin was happy about it too.

At Open House, there was a call for Room Moms/Dads. Since I was a Room Mom for Kevin last year, I decided to do it for Michaela's class this year. Well, seven other Moms had the same idea. For Kevin's class there was only one volunteer, so I decided to step away from Michaela's class and help out with Kevin's.

We will see how busy all the school stuff keeps me! I'll keep you posted.

No comments: