Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

V A C A T I O N

Well, as usual, I have been really busy. It has been almost a week since I've posted. I have been cleaning the house and getting things together for the trip. I have been getting our administrative things in order - living wills, wills, contact info, etc. You know, just in case - morbid I know, but I like to have my bases covered, well, just in case.

I ended up firing my house cleaners. It hasn't been properly cleaned in about three weeks and I can tell the difference. I ultimately ended it because I hated the fact that they were late every visit between 30 minutes and an hour. And because I was no longer happy with the job they did.

It has been hot. It reminds me of last summer when we first moved. It is hot outside and hot inside. We have the fans running and so the coolness helps, but it is still hot hot hot. There were record temps in Palm Springs. 120 degrees! I know we are not that close to Palm Springs, but it'll give you an idea of how hot it feels here!

We are leaving for our vacation on Friday night right after we drop off the kids. We plan on doing lots of night driving as we go up through the hellish bowels of California, also know as the 5. Ick. It is the most horrid, dry, exhausting heat ever.

We are still slightly up in the air about some of our plans. We are going to wing it. We got a tent last night and have decided to camp. We filled up the air bed in the back of the SUV, but with the height of the bed, it affords no privacy. We are going to bring some board games, so we need room to sit. We got a nice sized tent. Hopefully it'll end up being a nice tent.

Kevin. Well, nothing new here. Legos mainly. He is proud about helping around the house and tries to help out a lot. He is really good at helping out. Keith has been thinking about getting Kevin a really nice Lego set that Kevin has been eyeing online and in the Lego catalog - yes, he gets the catalog in the mail. We will probably get one after our vacation.

Kaela. Potty training is going fairly well. The pee thing is going good. We still have to prompt her to go. The Number 2 thing is still a bit of a problem. Maria pointed out that we may be having a problem because out of my frustration I am raising my voice to her. Okay, not just raising, yelling would be more exact. I am scaring her I think. I told her that I wouldn't yell at her anymore. I haven't in two days and I think it may help her to figure out the number two business.

Kyle. He still isn't talking, but communicates very well. You can tell when he is not happy. He let's everyone know. It can be frustrating to actually figure out what he wants, but the other two went through this same thing. He still makes everything all better again when he flashes one of those smiles.

Kenna. She is growing. She eats a lot and sleeps a lot. She is growing. Smiley as ever.

Well, that's it. We are on vacation soon, so I may not write more for a week or so. Bye!

No comments: