Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Thursday, July 14, 2005

We've Had a Nice Week So Far

Well, so far the week has been not too bad. It has been HOT. So, I have been grumpy. I don't do well in hot temps. But, today wasn't so bad. I've been working on the blue room and our huge wall of boxes is no longer there. Everything is out of the boxes and is slowly getting put away. I was going to sell a lot of my unused craft stuff (stuff I bought because I thought it would be cool to have, but never really used). But, when I looked on eBay to see how things were selling, they weren't really going for much. So, I have decided to save them for the girls (and the boys if they want) to use when they get older.

It has been hot, like I said, so we have noticed an increase in spiders. Did you know that the average person swallows 8 spiders while sleeping in their lifetime? Gross.

Keith's birthday was nice. I actually baked him a cake from scratch. Frosting and all. The two recipes called for almost 6 cups of sugar and 2 cups of cocoa! My goodness! But, Keith really enjoyed it and so did the kids and I. The kids decorated with colorful garland. They made the garland of strips of colored paper and made interlinking rings. We also printed out letters on the same paper that read "Happy Birthday", cut them out and hung them. It looks pretty neat. Keith got some really nice cards and some very nice gifts.

I am expecting some new charms in the mail. I am obsessed with Italian charms. They go from $15 - 30 in the mall, but I have been finding them on eBay for $0.99. I made Kaela a bracelet, and I got enough for two strands of bracelets for me. My cousin Noelle got me my first three charms along with a starter bracelet and I was hooked. I found a place that does custom laser charms and had the kids names done. I should be getting those soon.

Our vacation is coming up and we are getting really excited. We are definitely camping for a few nights, but other nights are up in the air. We are just gonna wing it. Which, without kids would be the fun thing to do. We are not camping, camping. We are car camping. Literally. We are going to sleep in the back of the SUV. We were going to buy a tent, but figured that after we did, we wouldn't be able to use it for some time. So, we opted to sleep in the car. Keith suggested that I sleep in the tent cot and he sleep in the car, or vice versa, but what's the point of being on vacation together without kids if we can't sleep in the same space?

Cleaners are coming tomorrow. I haven't been completely satisfied with their work lately. I have a few issues that I am going to point out to them tomorrow when they come. If they don't address those issues, I am going to get rid of their ass*s. I am no longer feeling that it is money well spent. *sigh*

Okay, that's it for now. Have to get some sleep. Bye!

No comments: